Instructor: Tina Games
Maximum Enrollment: 10
Class Term: 01/13/2021 - 02/21/2021
SCN Member: $192.00
Class synopsisWhat are the gifts of the winter season and how can they inspire your personal and professional growth? How can they support your creative process? This unique, deep writing experience will bring a soulful, reflective energy that's perfect for journal writing, visual mapping, and engaging in a deeper relationship with self as you explore new beginnings for a new year.
Winter is a beautiful season that's rich with reflection, introspection, renewal, healing, connection, and a thirst for all that is light. There are so many gifts wrapped up in the season of winter with the capacity to uncover the depths of your soul, bringing you closer to your own light, both inner and outer. How will you be inspired by the gifts of winter? How will your creative process flourish in the magic of this season? These are great questions to ponder in your journal as we explore the wisdom of winter and apply it to your creative life. Come celebrate the magic of the winter season and begin creating your own winter miracles just in time for a brand-new year!
Upon completion of the class, students will have:
- Explored the gifts of the winter season and applied them to their own personal and creative journeys,
- Connected to the wisdom of a "winter pause reflecting on where they are now, how they arrived at that point, and where to go from there,
- Gained clarity on what needs to be released (or shifted) in order to make room for the bigger vision that wants to emerge,
- Stepped into a creative vision that honors the next evolution of who they are becoming (as a writer, as a woman, as a creative entrepreneur),
- Contemplated the creative journey from a variety of different perspectives with a particular focus on what "feels" most authentic and divinely-timed,
- Made decisions on which steps to take now and which steps to ponder for a time in the near future,
- Mapped out a plan for new beginnings in the new year
Class communication methodDelivery of weekly lessons and journal writing prompts will be made through e-mail (or through a group forum, depending on the size of the class). Participants will be invited to share their writings, ideas, and discoveries with the instructor for feedback and additional questions/suggestions to ponder and with the group for moral support.
- Unit 1: The Three Stages of Winter: Exploring each stage of the winter season and identifying which one applies most to your personal journey
- Unit 2: Honoring the Gifts of a “Winter Pause“: Taking cues from nature and allowing them to help you find peace and wisdom in stillness and darkness
- Unit 3: Grieving: Letting Go of What Was
- Unit 4: Surrendering: Making Peace with What Is
- Unit 5: Visioning: Giving Birth to a New Dream
- Unit 6: Claiming: Stepping into a New Beginning (just in time for the new year)
Class time commitmentApproximately two hours per week will be needed to complete the journal writing and visual mapping exercises (which are designed to inspire and enhance the creative exploration process).
Tina M. Games is the author of Journaling by the Moonlight: A Mother’s Path to Self-Discovery. As a certified creativity and life purpose coach, and a master retreat leader and certified journal writing facilitator, she is the “Moonlight Muse” for women who want to tap into the “full moon within” and claim their authentic self, both personally and professionally. Through her signature coaching programs, based on the phases of the moon, Tina gently guides women from darkness into light as they create an authentic vision filled with purpose, passion, and creative expression. She lives on Cape Cod in Massachusetts with her husband and their two college-age young adults (who are home during the holidays and over the summer).