Writers often have difficulty with the grammatical/mechanical aspects of writing. Here are some links that will help you polish your skills.
- A list of proofreaders' marks
- Rules for using commas, with many helpful examples
- Rules for capitalization
- Rules for using quotation marks
- Suggestions for combining sentences to avoid "primer style"
- Excellent source for grammar/style
- Rules for using compound adjectives. Almost everybody needs a refresher course on this one!
- Help with using the dash to set off material in the middle of your sentence.
- How to Write a Legal Disclaimer
- If you have questions about copyright protection, here is all you need to know, and then some.
Links compiled by Susan Wittig Albert. If you'd like to suggest a link, email it to Susan at susanalbert at storycircle.org.