SCN members make the news by publishing books, articles, essays, poems, dramas, and art. They also make presentations, lead workshops, facilitate groups, and organize programs. Below are some of our members' achievements this year.
If you're an SCN member who has made the news, please let us know (by sending email to news at storycircle.org. If you've published a book, we'll also add you to our SCN Authors page.
If you're not a member, why not join us? Maybe you'll soon be able to post your news on this page!
- Elaine Thomas' new book, Veterans' Voices and Home Front Memories, a collection of 63 stories from World War II veterans and civilians, all from Fayette County, Texas, is available on Amazon.com.
- Two of Susan DuMond's poems appear in the November-December issue of Jefferson Journal, a magazine published by Jefferson Public Radio. Susan's non-fiction story, "Life Interrupted," has been accepted by Exisle Publishing (New Zealand) for their book, Fear and Courage, due out in October 2019.
- Bette Lafferty's book, An Offering of Love, has finally hit Amazon and is ready to be ordered. Bette tells us, "Publishing my thoughts in a book was more work than I could have ever imagined...and thanks to all my friends out there who traveled this journey with me."
- These SCN members published blog posts this month on our One Woman's Day and HerStories blogs:
- These SCN members published book reviews &/or interviews this month at Story Circle Book Reviews:
- Judy Alter
- Pat Bean
- Mary Jo Doig
- Judy Gruen
- Mary Potter Kenyon
- Ann McCauley
- Sara Etgen-Baker's story, "The Lovely Month of May," has been selected to appear in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Mom Knows Best. The books are slated to be released in early March 2019. Sara tells us, "As always I'm delighted and honored to have my words shared. I'm a truly blessed woman."