What is an on-line course?
Our on-line writing courses are designed to help you explore various aspects of the personal writing process with a teacher (and sometimes with other students) through the Internet. Our courses are developed and taught by members of the SCN who have had extensive teaching and writing experience and who are committed to helping women tell their stories.
How does it work?
Become a member (using our on-line form) of the Story Circle Network, as well as the Internet Chapter.
- Enroll in a workshop(s), using our on-line enrollment form
- Send your check to
Story Circle Network
PO Box 500127
Austin TX 78750-0127
- When your payment has been received, you will receive email notification that will include instructions on how to access the web pages for the workshop in which you enrolled.
- Start your workshop: read, study, write (see links below)
- Send your writing to the workshop facilitator for critiquing
(note that each workshop may have a different word limit for how much you can submit for each unit)
- The workshop facilitator sends individual feedback to you
Proposing a Course
If you are an SCN member with an idea for an on-line course, please email Susan Albert, briefly describing your course and outlining your teaching and writing experience.
What writing workshops are available?
|From Memoir to Fiction
(for serious writers: permission of instructor required*)
||to be announced...
*Before enrolling, email Susan for instructions on how to submit a writing sample.
DO NOT ENROLL OR PAY FOR THIS COURSE WITHOUT THE PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE INSTRUCTOR. If you do, we will charge you a service fee of $25 for refunding your payment.)
Last updated: 07/11/06