Story Circle Network
Stories From the Heart II
Subscribe to 'Stories from the Heart II' e-letter
Story Wall / Scrapbook / Heart-to-Heart Table
Conference Site & Lodging
Works of Heart Marketplace
from the Heart
(Frequently Asked Questions)
- Q: What is 'Stories from the Heart II'?'
A: Stories from the Heart II', the second national women's memoir conference of the Story Circle Network, will take place February 6-8, 2004 at the Red Lion Hotel in Austin.
- Q: What is the mission of the Story Circle Network?
A: The Network has been established to encourage women to tell their stories, to provide educational programs to foster women's storytelling, to create and maintain a nation-wide community of women story-tellers, and to promote the importance of women's storytelling to the general public.
(See the Story Circle Network website for more information.)
- Q: What is the mission of the 'Stories from the Heart II' Memoir Conference 2004?
A: Stories from the Heart II', the second national women's memoir conference of the Story Circle Network, will bring together women from around the country to celebrate the stories of women's lives. Through writing, reading, listening, and learning, we will share our stories and enrich our lives.
- Q: What are the objectives of the 'Stories from the Heart II'?
- To discover different modes for sharing our stories, through personal essays, autobiographical fiction, poetry, drama, dance, music, art, and more
- To explore hidden or difficult chapters of our life stories
- To expand our relationships with women of diverse cultures.
- To return to our own communities and share our discoveries with others
- Q: Do I have to be a writer to come to Stories from the Heart II?
A: We welcome readers, writers, storytellers, and any woman with a past, present, and future.
- Q: If I have published materials will there be anything of interest to me?
A: We will be looking at our stories and those of others from many perspectives in our "Finding Your Voice" track. Our "Serious Stuff" track will include academic perspectives, suggestions for honing your skills. Our "Stories in Many Voices, Many Media" track will include music and art.
- Q: Are you sure that there is something interesting in my life?
A: Yes, we are sure, and we'll help coax it out!
- Q: If I am a presenter at this conference, will I be able to sell my wares there?
A: Yes. You also may choose to take orders and distribute your business cards, brochures, pamphlets, etc..
Last updated: 03/06/03